"This we know - Earth does not belong to man: Man belongs to Earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a Strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." - Chief Seattle, year 1862.
Tuesday:
Can't remember much le...
Wednesday:
Bryan Hoon Pwn'd Benjamin Tong with a kick to the ass!
1-0
Was a nice flying+spinning kick.
And it was just a friendly match.
Stayed back with a few others for Chinese oral.
While waiting, played Ying Hern's PSP, to help him kill something in Monster hunter
Thought I would do badly for My orals, because i didn't prepare or whatever.
I think I did well, cause I had alot to talk about during Conversation, about stress.
For the reading, well... not so great. Had lots of words I don't recognise.
Heres the question asked by Mr Lee Song Nian :
*Translated in english*
Mr. Lee: Whats the subject gives you the most stress?
My answer - Maths and Science
Reason : Although My Chinese is really poor, I felt that my Maths and Science gave me the most stress (Not at all actually)
because Primary School maths & science is totally different from Secondary School maths & science.
Whats more is that there are alot of high scoring students in my class for both subject, thus I felt pressurized because I usually get the feeling of competition.
Mr. Lee: Recently theres a few china students who committed suicide due to too much pressure. What do you think about having too much stress?
My Answer: (Learned it from my tuition teacher) If we do not have any stress at all, we will be like a flattened ball, unable to move. If we have too much stress, we will be like balloons which burst.
This is what Mr Lee thinks:
- I have improved greatly since sec 1
- He likes that phrase
- Hes surprised when I say Maths & Science was the subject which gave the most stress, instead of Chinese
YES!!!!
Thursday:
ZZzzzz.... I really ain't good at remembering what usually happened...
Friday:
Great day today.
Thanks to Yu Jin for telling me the wrong info = = wasted my time writing the wrong letter.
Javiel told me to go to the Heart of God Church.
Still considering if I really wanna go to any church.
And I don't know which to choose.
Alistair also told me to go to his church.
Stayed back for awhile today.
Came out from the Main Gate, and a Primary school Maris stella boy from the bus, stick out his middle finger at Bryan Hoon.
They were going to Zhi Xin's house to study.
I went to the bus stop instead of following them.
And... you guys remember the teacher who pumped the whole class because I wasn't paying attention to his nonsensical ranting?
I met him there.
Also, I caught a Really fat Maris stella kid trying to steal some tibbits from the shop.
I don't know wth is his motive, mumbling to himself when he was caught.
I did stopped him for the shop owner
Thereafter, he asked me with his high-pitched voice:
"Can I borrow 55 cents from you?"
I was hesitant because I've given bus fares to many upper sec St. Gabriel students.
I made up my mind, and gave him, without expecting any returns from him.
Anyways, it doesn't matter whether he cheats or not.
At 7:30 pm,
Went for tuition.
Topic :
Discriminating which is a good or a bad conclusion for an essay.
Had fun penning down one alright.
I copied a part from the passage.
Jotted it down onto my paper and this is what it says:
"Unless man acknowledge the importance of sustaining the Earth's biodiversity to maintain the delicate interdependencies that link Flora and Fauna, life on Earth as we know it could cease to exist (I copied this sentence).
Chief Seattle, a North-American Indian, once said this :"We all know that man is just a strand in the web of life, whatever he does to the web, he does to himself (This is from the Geography textbook. I did not copy it properly thus it sounds strange)" We must be vigilant in preserving the environment, for there is still hope."
My teacher, Mrs De, said it in a really hilarious way.
Halfway through reading my "copied" sentence...
"Hmmm.... This sounds familiar..."
*The whole class laughed*
"Looks like someone has many girlfriends because Kevin gave the word Flora and Fauna a capital letter"
(I was merely trying to make it 'important' by adding the capital letters)
*The whole class laughed, yet again*
It was quite rare for the class to laugh.
Mrs De : (After reading my incorrect quote...) "Are you sure some North American Indian made this speech? It sounds like you
made it up"
*The Whole class laughed, again and again*
Now everyone calls me Chief Seattle.
I find it funny too.
For my previous essay I wrote, based on the law of the few, and My teacher said it was short but really good.
The question - What are the qualities that you think will make a good leader?
My essay:
A good leader should possess an aura of confidence as it will inspire people who are under him.
A good leader should be encouraging and yet observant, pin-pointing the mistakes his juniors committed, and followed by words of encouragement in a resonant, polite and clear manner of speaking, teaching them how to discriminate what's right and what's wrong.
A leader must have a way of interacting with different kinds of people, as the level of discipline and obedience partly depends on how close the juniors are, to the leader himself.
A good leader is best to have a clear mindset, being committed, purposeful and knowing what he wants to achieve while expecting his followers to do the same.
Last but not least, a good leader ensures that his followers, soon to be potential leaders, go further than the leader himself, physically and mentally, in all the aspects that they were taught.
I learned the last sentence from Scouts.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Frozen in time Kevin Tan at 8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment